Our effort to report on the priority issues for our stakeholders and those for Toshiba Group
In the CSR Report, we report sincerely on the issues material for both our stakeholders as well as the Toshiba Group. The content of the report has obtained the approval of the manager of the division in charge of CSR.
Organizations covered in this report
In principle, Toshiba Group (Toshiba Corporation and its consolidated subsidiaries in Japan and overseas) are covered in this report, but individual entities are indicated in cases where information does not pertain to Toshiba Group.
- Note: "Toshiba" in this report refers to Toshiba Corporation. "Toshiba Group in Japan" refers to Toshiba corporation and its consolidated subsidiaries in Japan. "Toshiba Group overseas" refers to consolidated subsidiaries overseas.
This report focuses on the results of activities in FY2018 (from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019).
It also includes some activities continuing from the past as well as more recent ones.
Significant Change during the Reporting Period
- Toshiba Corp. welcomed Nobuaki Kurumatani as Chairman and CEO.
- Announcement of the "Toshiba Next Plan" for corporate transformation
- Closing of the sale of all shares of Toshiba Memory Corporation
- Completion of the sale of shares of Toshiba Client Solutions Co., Ltd.
- Repurchase of the Company's own shares
- Withdrawal from South Texas Project (a nuclear power plant construction project) by Toshiba's Overseas Consolidated Subsidiary
Current issue: January 2020 (previous issue: December 2018)
- GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) Sustainability Reporting Standard
This report references the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards 2016.
- United Nations Global Compact [COP(Communication on Progress) Advanced level]
- Environmental Reporting Guidelines 2018, Ministry of the Environment of Japan
- Environmental Accounting Guidelines 2005, Ministry of the Environment of Japan
- ISO 26000